Are you having trouble managing all your native ads in various traffic platforms? Let’s say you have a specific image, title and text combination and you are trying it across networks, how can you determine what placement, website and traffic network it’s working best in? Which network offers the best price? If you are switching from one browser tab to the next just to check this information, you are using up a lot of your time and effort. There is one solution for this though, and that is by using a DSP.
DSP, short for Demand Side Platform, is a software that allows you to monitor and buy ad placements from various sources in real-time. This platform lets you manage your banner, video, search, native ads and more from various networks by integrating all these sources and ad exchanges in one place. Arguably, many ad networks already offer a similar feature in order to compete with DSPs; however, the main advantage of using a DSP is that their coverage is wider. This is the reason why agencies and advertisers with bigger budgets opt for DSP.
Top DSPs for Native Advertising
If you are thinking of using DSP to advertise your business and offers, here are the top ones to choose from:
1. Voluum DSP
One of the newest native advertising DSPs, Voluum is already a popular name in the affiliate marketing space because of their top performing tracker of the same name. This native advertising DSP platform is affiliate-friendly as its minimum funding amount is only $500. You can top up using a credit card, wire transfer or Paypal.
Voluum DSP is integrated with more than 30 ad exchanges and native ads traffic providers such as Outbrain, Powerinbox, My6Sense, Polymorph, RevContent, and LiveIntent. There is no need for you to have an account with each of these sources to buy traffic from them if you use this platform. However, it’s important to learn the regulations from each source to prevent your ads from getting rejected.
The three main advantages of using Voluum DSP are:
- DSP Planning Tool – you can find the minimum bid and average winning price of traffic sources based on criteria you filter. Filters can include country, device, ad exchange/traffic source and even sites.
- Voluum Tracker – their well-known tracker is already integrated into the platform, making optimization a whole lot easier.
- Auto-optimization – Voluum DSP’s machine learning system reviews the granular segments of your data, driving and adjusting traffic based on the results that you don’t usually see because they are too deep in your data for you to dig.
Their traffic is said to work for lead generation, gaming, anti-virus, e-commerce, finance, and health & beauty.
This DSP is integrated with 35 native supply partners, which includes 800 plus premium publishers. Some of their websites are BBC, CNN, Washington Examiner, and CoinDesk. Earnify brings forth more than 400 billion monthly ad impressions globally.
The top three features of Earnify are:
- Fraud Prevention – they utilize several fraud detection technologies so that each impression or click is verified human and natural.
- Conversion Optimization – their optimization system automatically favors traffic from highly converting sources.
- Transparency – you’ll be able to see from which website you are getting impressions, clicks, cost, profit and more. This then lets you blacklist or whitelist sources as you see fit.
Minimum deposit is only $100, so it’s perfect for newbie affiliates wanting to try Native Advertising with DSPs.
One of the most highly recommended native ads DSPs by actual advertisers who have used the platform, StackAdapt has been in the industry since 2013. They are integrated with more than 30 native advertising platforms with a combined 50 SSPs (Supply Side Platforms).
This DSP utilizes Engagement Pricing, which means you are only required to pay for visitors who stay on your page at least 15 seconds. You can even track the time they have stayed on your website. They also offer several types of native ads such as native video, native outstream, native in-ad, content recommendation widgets and more.
Main features of StackAdapt are as follows:
- StackAdapt’s Reporting and Insights allow you to see your conversions, how long your audience stayed and how much it cost you to get clicks or impressions. Although there is a lot that can be improved, the platform is continually being upgraded to make sure it fits the needs of clients.
- Intent-based Targeting and Retargeting ability which helps you get more out of your ads.
- Customer service is one of the best features of StackAdapt, repeatedly being commended by advertisers and agencies that use them.
If you’re new to native advertising DSP, it would be a problem if you’re having trouble with a self-service platform. Thankfully, StackAdapts customer service is easy to reach out to (and they say the best in the industry), giving you one less thing to worry about.
Zemanta is a native advertising DSP that is officially linked to Outbrain. The platform’s programmatic channels include social, mobile and of course native ads. They are integrated with more than 35 ad exchanges and traffic sources, including Outbrain and Yahoo Gemini.
They offer more than a billion unique impressions a month, encompassing 250 thousand publishers. A few of advertisers’ and ad agencies’ favorite features of Zemanta are as follows:
- Asset management – you can upload your images in Zemanta and the tool can automatically resize your images based on the rules of whatever traffic source you are using.
- Dynamic bid optimization – you can have your bids auto-adjust based on your marketing goals with the help of Zemanta’s dynamic bidding algorithm.
- Content sequence – instead of just showing your audience your page and hope they convert with a single content, you can show your audience a sequence of content or pages that will eventually lead them to perform your desired action.
You can also integrate Google Analytics into Zemanta to help you get more information about your audience post-click. If you find one website that is not working for you, pausing it across all your campaigns is also possible.
Conclusion about Native Ads DSP
If you’d like to be able to easily promote your brand or content and reach millions (even billions) of people, using a DSP would be a great idea. Keep in mind though that since DSP is considered a large-scale traffic option, you would also need a large budget to keep your campaigns running and to gather enough data to make your native advertisements profitable.